On 12 March 2022, Chloe and I were told to leave Sainsbury’s in Clapham Common. I am now taking the supermarket to court for disability discrimination.
Court fight looms over Sainsbury’s cat ban provides a good summary of the situation. Almost two months later, there is no update.
People asked if there was some way they could contribute to a ‘fighting fund.’ So, I’ve set this up for people that wish to contribute. Anything is welcome. Any funds left over after legal costs are paid will be passed to legitimate cat rescue charities. Thank you so much.
Partial in-store CCTV footage.
This was filmed by the security officer some time into our exchange.
- Man sues Sainsbury’s for banning his assistance cat Chloe from its store (ITV News)
- Man sues Sainsbury’s for banning his assistance cat from its store (Video) (ITV News)
- Autistic man in legal battle with Sainsbury’s over assistance cat ban (Sky News)
- Man with cat trained to help with autism is suing Sainsbury’s for discrimination (5 News)
- Ian Fenn was denied entry to Sainsbury’s because of his assistance cat. He is now taking the company to court. (TalkTV)
- Man sues Sainsbury’s for banning his assistance cat Chloe (The Guardian)